Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I love to see the Temple



1. I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

2. I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

This was always one of my favorite primary songs as a kid, and it still is. It's a great song, and the message is sweet and simple.  I especially love hearing little kids sing this song, it's awesome!  

When I would sing it as a small primary child, I would always imagine what my first trip to the temple would be like, and what a beautiful day dreaming moment it was.  Since those days, I haven't been able to go inside the temple as described to the song, but I have been able to participate in the sacred work that us youngin's get to do; baptisms for the dead.  And I love it!

Last Saturday I got the opportunity to go with some family and friends to the temple and do baptisms for the dead.  Needless to say, it made it one of the best weekends I've had in a while.  And at the end of the night, we had 45 of my family members baptized and confirmed, a closer feeling to the Spirit, and wet hair. haha
And if you missed the fun this weekend, don't worry, I'm planning on doing it again soon.  

The next day, (Sunday), was Stake conference.  Ironically enough, the first two talks were about Temples.  It was awesome!  However, there was one statement that stuck out to me the most, which went something like this; "When time seems scarce and life gets hectic, that is when we need to visit the temple the most."  This is not a direct word-for-word quote, but the message is still powerful.  So when your life's getting crazy and you just need a time-out, give me a call, I'll be happy go with ya'. 

And one other thing I love about the Temple, are pictures of them.  Take a gander;

Mt. Timpanogos, UT (the one we went to Saturday).  

Mesa, Arizona (my favorite)

Denver, Colorado

 Anchorage, Alaska (Eman's favorite)
 Freiburg, Germany
 Fukuoka, Japan
 Salt Lake, Utah
 Logan, Utah
 London, England
 London, England
 Lubbock, Texas
 Merida, Mexico
 Mesa, Arizona
 Salt Lake, Utah
 Orlando, Florida
 Rexburg, Idaho
 Salt Lake, Utah (yes, again)
 San Diego, California
 Laie, Hawaii


What's your favorite Temple? 
 (comments always welcome)

1 comment: