Monday, May 12, 2014

I Love Music

I love music.  Love, love, love it.  Now, that may come as surprise to some of you (not really), bur I very much do love it.

I love it when it's used as a force for good.  It's powerful, it's beautiful, it's magical. And the more I study music, the more I recognize that there is no way music could have come to be without the influence of an ultimate being.

Here's some awesome quotes:

“Music is given of God to further his purposes. Sweet melodies mellow the souls of men and help prepare them for the gospel. After men receive the truth, songs of praise to Deity help to sanctify and cleanse their souls.”
-- Elder Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine (1966), 521

“I am comforted by the assurance that there will be beautiful music in heaven, and for that I am most grateful.”
-- President Spencer W. Kimball, Ensign, Nov. 1982, 4

“We are able to feel and learn very quickly through music, through art, through poetry some spiritual things that we would otherwise learn very slowly.”
-- President Boyd K. Packer, 1976 Devotional Speeches of the Year (1977), 267

“It really matters what you listen to. . . . Select music that will strengthen your spirit.”
-- Elder Russell M. Nelson, Ensign, Nov. 1985, 32

"We are in a position, as musicians, to touch the souls of those who listen."
--President Spencer W. Kimball, Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball (1982), 520


And here's some great songs:

Youtube: Kenneth Cope
Youtube: Jon Schmidt
Youtube: Hilary Weeks

Watch for some more music stuff coming up soon.  I'm working on lots of different musical things and I'm excited to share (:

Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment